Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: stupid things you thought or did as a kid

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok so i was in class today totally zoning out....when suddenly we actually started talking bout something interesting. and of course.....it was the stupid things we thought/did as a kid. so i figured it was such a fun convo...maybe it would fun to share here too.

    so ill go first ^_^. i used to think that if you didnt hang up the phone when the voice on the other line said "please hang up and try your call again...if you need assitence plz call your operater..etc" that the police would come to your house. so my bro and i used to see who could resist hanging up the longest.

    2) i never believed in santa...so to make me believe my older bro "called the elf service" to register our house...cuz we didnt have a chimney. so i got to talk to the elf service. it wasnt untill i got into highschool that i realized that the "elf service" was just one of his friends. he made it seem so real... i mean it was a secret number and everything.

    yah there's tons more but ill save those for later. soo neone wanna share?? of course if you werent dumb as a kid...im sure youve got stories to tell for when you were older too. ^_^

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Its not a big deal but when I was little I loved to hanging around the house wearing nothing but my underwear *BTW, I still do*. I didn?t even care if my brother?s friends were in the house, I would just sit there wearing my panties, and maybe my school shirt *I don?t remember*, even if they were right in front of me.

    The thing is that even though I only do it while I?m locked in my room, its really weird, odd, and uncomfortable to know that most of those friends who still visit my brother have seem me almost naked >o<. Most when considering that I kinda? have a crush on one of them.

    And now that I mention it. There are times when I *extent* my *underwear domain* when I?m alone in the house. And there was this one occasion when I was in towel *I had had finished taking my shower like 15 minutes ago -_-U* when someone knocked the door. Since my brother had just left I thought that maybe he forgot something and came back. So I was like *what the heck! I?m not putting on clothes just to open the door!*. And guess what? It was my brother?s friend! THE CUTE ONE!!!

    Really?I need to stop doing that.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fake-tsukasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL...what a fun topic!

    I have two that I can think of right now:

    I had one of those toys that looks like a vaccuum tube and makes a high pitched whistling noise when you swing it around. At night, I would go out in the backyard with it and think I was communicating with aliens.

    Once when finishing up a bath, I wondered where all of the water went when you drained the tub. My 5-year-old mind decided that there had to be monsters in the drain to drink it all up.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Leviyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a child, I always thought that if you'd spend too much time in the water, you'll transform into a mermaid - and I always wanted to be a mermaid, so I kept sitting in the bath tub fo hours until I realized that it would be really impractical to have fins (well, I wouldn't be able to walk any more [img]eek.gif[/img] ) and decided to leave the tub.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jojjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whoa, big topic, lot's of things to tell.
    But nothing really important, though.

    Erm... let's see. My mom tells me that when I was a kid, I always loved to open drawers and empty the content on the floor. It didn't matter if it was scarves, boots or kitchen knives (yes, I really did that) - I emptied it anyway. In the end, my parents had to get locking devices for the drawers so that I wouldn't hurt myself.

    I also used to fall down from hing places when I was small. From the kitchen table, the trolley, a tree in our backyard etc. No wonder I'm such a klutz.

    This might not be so interesting but when I used to eat, mom always said "more?" after I'd finished a glass of water. After some thime I started to make the connection that more=drink, drink=more. My mom was compleatly clueless when I started to say "more, more" even before she had given me anything.

    Well, that's it for me. Next!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good topic...
    Have you ever thougt about how "stupid things" we do or believe when we are small children relate in a lot of cases to the things we hear in stories?
    I mean children's stories are gruesome. Behind the twinkle and fluff murks darkness and malice that most adults have a hard time coping with (and that results in them putting a sugar coating over it all...).
    When I was smaller I read a story about small foxes which come out at night time and nibble at your feet if they are not under the blanket.
    (P.S. Yeah, us foreigners sure have weird children's stories...)

    I was scared shitless for years...

    Anyway, I don't think there is one person who doesn't think or do something "silly" when they are younger.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member butabara's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    weeell... I did/believed plenty of silly things as a wee infant... but what I recall the best is my great fear of various monsters. I especially hated the Gremlins (you know, from the movie/s) and when I saw Gremlin plushies in the toystore, I was like "who'd want a scary little bugger like that??". Also, since I slept on the top part of the bunkbed my sister and I shared, I always expected them to suddenly pop up and bite off my nose or something. Reading Poe in third grade might have made it worse... (yes, I had a traumatic childhood [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] )

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SailorPenguinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Phwee! I like this topic. ^^

    One day when I was around...4 I believe, my brother (7 at that time) and I took a thing of peanut butter and finger painted my walls. =P

    Then, one time, I thought I could fly, so I jumped off my stairs (6 steps, but I was really tiny then) onto the hard floor, and hurt myself. T.T

    Also, whenever I'd hear a scary story, I thought monsters would reach up from underneath my bed and grab me, and from my closet too. So I slept with my closet closed and my blankets surrounding me completely, curled up in the middle of my bed. ...I still sleep with my closet door closed too. ^^;;

    And until about 2 years ago, my friend thought the potato skins were poisonous. >.>;;

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 29, 2003 06:03 PM: Message edited by: SailorPenguinz ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehe i remember another goody. ever read the story "ankle biters"?....well i did..and in like first grade. scared shitless!!

    i would always jump like 4 feet onto my bed because i was afraid that the ankle bites would bite my ankles if i got to close to the bed. that went on for yrs...prolly to like 5th grade.

    oh and we had a macjor scare of BLODDY MARY when i was in second grade. some girls were so scraed they would pee their pants if the teacher didnt let them go to the bathroom with a buddy. i wa scraed too...but i never wet myself. i had an image to uphold so i would brave the bathroom alone and hope to god no one would turn off the lights! oh and i would go in out as quick as i could!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never heard of ankkle bites but I did so beleive in monsters under my bed I always jumped to get to it. Then, my sister and I went into a diferent room (before we were the 5 kids in the same room) ans so I learned a big responsability: close the light. Oh-ooooooh. I had never seen monsters, but knew they exist, but you don't see anything in the dark, ne? so I fdigured monster are afraid of light and when you're going to sleep they crouch up under your bed and are just waiting for you to close the light to jump on you and eat you alive. I then developpe a long-distance jumping afinity because I always jumped from the light switch unto my bed as fast as possible, sothat the monster couldn't catch my feets before I'm on the bed. ^^;

    I got a affinity to run/jump anywhere anytime too... when I was borned, they did all they need to do then my father gave me to my mother's arms, but just as she was taking me, I rolled and rolled... down her belly, down the table, and almost hit the floor before my father caught me up. Hehehh, poor him, must've scared him to death.

    At 2, I had learned to walk, and my parents bought a roulotte near a lake.. well, as they were unpacking the stock, I jumped out of the open window of our car, ran to the shore, went directly on the quay, and ...jumped in the water at the end of it XD luckily it wasn't deep 4-5 feets and my father came to rescue me as I was drowning

    Things I thought.. well, as I was 5 I think (don't remember), my older brothers and my sis were watching Jaws but they told me NOT to watch it because it was an horror movie. Of course, I sneeked out of my room and tip-toe behind them to glimpsed at said movie, and just as I looked the shark ate a girl I think, and blood everywhere and all. For about one year I was scare of the toilet and the bath because of it, my parents never understood why.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •